Collin Klein tops my Heisman watch list.
It’s that time of year as the new BCS rankings come out to try to make some sense out for the most coveted individual honor in college football the Heisman trophy.
1. Collin Klein- Threw for 187 yards and rushed for 105 this week on the road at Iowa State. So far for the season Klein has passes for 1074 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. On the ground Klein has rushed for 510 yards and added another 10 td’s. These aren’t eye popping stats but they don’t need to be as he has KSU undefeated and in first place in the Big 12 before this weekend’s big showdown with West Virginia. Klein is the most valuable player for his team in the nation and the toughest pound for pound player regardless of position in the Big 12.
2. Braxton Miller-This sophomore QB is taking the Big 10 by storm and has guided Ohio State who is not eligible for post season to a 7-0 ranking and 3-0 in the Big 10. Like Collin Klein Braxton has done it on the ground and threw the air. Against Indiana this weekend Braxton passed for 211 yards and ran for another 149. On the year Braxton has thrown for 1271 yards, 11 td’s and 4 picks. On the ground 912 yards and 9 td’s.
3. Geno Smith- despite the Mountaineers being pounded in Lubbock they still can win the Big 12. Geno Smith has been off the charts with already 2271 yards passing 25 td’s to 0 interceptions which leaves Chiefs fans drooling.
4. Johnny Manziel-yes Johnny Manziel the freshman qb of the Aggies and one of the nation’s best kept secrets. The Aggies now playing in the toughest conference in the country are off to a 5-1 start with their only loss to undefeated Florida by 3 points. Against 23rd ranked La Tech this weekend Manziel passed for 395 yards and added 181 on the ground. For the season Manziel has passed for 1680 yards 14 td’s and just 3 int’s. On the ground Manziel has racked up 676 yards and another 10 td’s.
5. AJ Mccaron- Why not? After all he is the starting QB for the #1 ranked Crimson tide who already has a national title under his belt. This season his numbers aren’t eye popping and he does have a great running attack and defense as support but his play has been brilliant after throwing for 1170 yards 12 td’s and 0 int’s.
Outside looking in barely-
1. Manti Te’o- linebacker Notre Dame. Notre Dame is undefeated and a big reason is of the play of linebacker Manti TE’O who has 59 total tackles and 3 interceptions on the season. Against Stanford this weekend TE’O racked up 11 tackles and is a huge force on Notre Dames stifling defense.