Week 2 of the rankings, Klein strengthens his hold at #1 but there is movement.
1. Collin Klein- QB KSU- Who says Klein can’t throw? He passed for a career high 323 yards and 3 touchdowns going an amazing 19/21. I realize you can find people in nursing homes around the country that could put up 250 on West Virginia but still he was flat out dominating and did nothing but strengthen his lock on the top spot. With the 3 passing td’s he also added 4 rushing touchdowns giving him 7 on the night. Just give him the trophy.
2. Braxton Miller- QB OSU- Miller didn’t have the best of games and left this game to go to the hospital to be checked out, thankfully he passed all his test and was released. Like Klein, he has been the catalyst for their respective teams remaining undefeated.
3. AJ Mccaron- QB Alabama- a common theme in the list this week is career high passing #’s. Collin Klein topped his career high Saturday night and in Knoxville, AJ Mccarron was doing the same. He threw for a career high 306 yards for the nation’s top ranked team. He also added 4 td passes. Often he is overlooked, but the fact he has not yet thrown a pick with all the pressure surrounding him should be respected.
4. Matt Barkley- QB USC-Barkley enters the list this week as he started first in a lot of list before the season started. Barkley threw 6 td passes Saturday night and is the new td passing leader in the storied history of USC. However, playing against Colorado’s defense is a stat builder as they are a horrible football team, but Barkley has put up the #’s to be a legit contender but the gap between Barkley and Klein is like the Grand Canyon at this point.
5. Manti Te’o- Linebacker Notre Dame- Manti is starting to climb a lot of lists and should be as the main reason Notre Dame still is undefeated is the play of their outstanding defense. A huge game this week at Oklahoma and Te’o will be climbing many charts despite being a defensive player. Against BYU, Te’o added 10 tackles to his already impressive season.
GENO SMITH-QB West Virginia—Geno could still find his way back in very easily but back to back losses and a couple of picks against KSU has dropped him out of the running.
JOHHNY MANZIEL-QB Texas A & M- Johnny Football takes a back seat this week with the loss at home to LSU. He only accounted for 27 yards rushing on 17 attempts. He also threw for 276 yards but threw the ball 56 times! He had a chance to beat LSU in this game but just didn’t get the job done.
LOOK OUT FOR-
SETH DOEGE- QB Texas Tech- Tech has been one of the surprise teams in the country this season after a huge collapse last season after beating OU in Norman, something only done but 3 times in Stoops tenure. The senior QB passed for 318 yards and 7 td’s on Saturday on the road against TCU. 5 times this season Doege has passed for over 300 yards including 499 yards last week against West Virginia.