Collin Klein tops my Heisman watch list again
Week 3 of the rankings, Klein strengthens has an iron grip on the top spot
1. Collin Klein- QB- K-State- Well KSU is already sending out the Klein for Heisman brochure as they well should, complete with a band-aid across the front. Fitting for the pound for pound toughest player in the Big 12 conference. Klein once again was at the top of his game as he dispatched yet another top 25 team, this time Texas Tech. Klein was efficient in the passing game going 19/26 for 233 yards and 2 touchdowns and if that wasn’t enough ran for 83 yards and 2 more touchdowns giving him 11 td’s the last two weeks against ranked opponents.
2. Braxton Miller- QB Ohio St- Braxton continues to impress on the field. What also impresses is the fact the Buckeyes aren’t playing for anything as they cannot go to a bowl game this season or the Big 10 title game yet are sitting a 9-0 on the season and the biggest reason is the play of Braxton Miller who knocked out of the game last week came back strong and passed for 143 yards and a td and added 134 yards rushing and 2 td’s on the ground.
3. AJ Mccaron-QB Alabama- Mccaron’s numbers won’t blow you away and he is starting to climb many Heisman watch list as well he should be. AJ has the Crimson Tide on cruise control. He has now thrown for 1684 yards 18 td’s and yet to throw an interception. He is very worthy of this list as he guided Alabama to a national title last year and still keeps Bama undefeated this season.
4. Manti Te’o- Linebacker Notre Dame-Notre Dame went to Norman, OK and took care of business as they shut down the Sooners high powered offense and held the Sooners to just 13 pts at home. Notre Dame is only the 5th team to go to Norman and beat a Bob Stoops team since he began coaching at Oklahoma (side note my #1 guy Collin Klein did this earlier this season). Te’o continued to shine racking up a team high 11 tackles and interception and a sack as he is the most dominant defense player in college football this season.
5. Johnny Manziel- QB- Texas A&M- Johnny football re-joins the list this week after crushing Auburn, Johnny led 7 scoring drives and was resting one series into the third quarter but had already racked up 260 yards passing and 2 td’s to go along with 90 yards rushing and 3 more td’s on the road. The Aggies as a team racked up 671 yards the most ever on Auburn. The 63 points by Texas A & M is the most yielded by Auburn since 1917!
MATT BARKLEY- QB USC—Hard to drop a guy after throwing for 493 yards but they lost again and Barkley had 2 interceptions.
LOOK OUT FOR-
Kenjon Barner-RB Oregon Ducks- Oregon is racking up points this season using a host of players from QB Marcus Mariota, De’Anthony Thomas and of course the electric Kenjon Barner who has put 974 yards rushing, 158 yards receiving and 15 total TD’s.