Collin Klein still leads crowded field
Week 4 of the rankings, Klein strengthens has an iron grip on the top spot
1. Collin Klein-QB KSU- Just add another top 25 victory to Collin Klein’s resume. The Wildcat offense was up and rolling right along holding onto the football for an impressive 37 minutes and 15 minutes more of possession time than the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Klein passed for 245 yards and ran for another 64 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Klein has been in the end zone 12 times in the last 3 weeks. He was injured in the 3rd quarter and did not return and we will have to keep our eye out on that.
2. Braxton Miller- QB OSU- The Buckeyes are now a perfect 10-0 on the season after pounding Illinois on Saturday. They have 2 games remaining at Wisconsin and rival Michigan to end the season. Can they go undefeated? I say yes and a big reason is Braxton Miller. Even though Urban Meyer’s crew can’t go to the Big 10 title game and to a bowl game they still can run the table and make a statement. Against Illinois on Saturday Braxton threw for 226 yards with 2 td’s and no INT’s. On the ground Braxton racked up 73 yards rushing and added another TD.
3. AJ McCaron-QB Alabama- Many times a Heisman winner has a moment when he took care of business in the clutch and made a defining statement. Saturday night with Alabama’s backs against the wall in front of a hostile crowd in Death Valley McCarron put the Tide on his back and led a 72 yard drive that culminated with a T. J. Yeldon 28 yard catch and run to put the Crimson Tide up 21 to 17 with 51 seconds remaining. As far as stats in the game McCarron only threw for 165 yards and a TD which is not overwhelming at all but he retains his position with that incredible drive. McCarron has yet to throw an INT on the season.
4. Johnny Manziel- QB Texas A & M Johnny football continues to dominate, after going on the road and crushing Auburn this time Johnny went to Starkville, MS and put one on 15th ranked Mississippi state by passing 30/36 for 311 yards and adding 129 yards on the ground and 2 TD’s. Manziel has now passed for over 300 yards and ran for at least 100 yards 3 times this season. For the year Manziel has 2527 yards passing with 16 touchdowns to go along with 922 yards rushing and 15 more touchdowns. He won’t win the Heisman but he is certain to finish in the top 5. Huge test this week as the Aggies who play in their 3rd straight road game by heading to Alabama.
5. (Tie)Manti Te’o- LB Notre Dame- Pittsburgh gave Notre Dame all the wanted and nearly won this game. Te’o racked up 7 tackles and half a sack in this game. Manti now has 87 tackles on the season.
5. (Tie) Kenjon Barner-RB Oregon- Last week Kenjon was outside looking in but no way he can be left out after putting up 321 yards and 5 touchdowns. For the season Barner has 1295 yards and 19 touchdowns. Oregon’s offense is so good all the way around but Barner is standing way out amongst the crowd.